Roses and Lace Scarf - Free Pattern

 I am so honored to have one of my designs - Roses and Lace Scarf- offered by Crochet! and Crochet World Magazines as a free pattern in this months newsletter.

 Such wonderfully kind words offered by them as to the educational possibilities of this pattern. YES! Exactly what I designed it for. I am a teacher first in most areas of my life. When I am going to teach a new technique at a crochet guild meeting I make a pattern. That is where this one came into existence

 The scarf itself is a basic single crochet of 22 stitches over 106 rows worked with a size Q hook when we were learning big hook welding.

 The rose is worked in a length of decreasing number of double crochets, then rolled together to form the flower. And the spirals we were learning back loop only work.

 And the edging is reverse single crochet also called the crab stitch. It is one of my favorite edging techniques. This scarf is so very easy to make and lovely to wear. I hope you enjoy it.

Here is the link to the newsletter and pattern:
 http://www.crochetmagazine.com/patterns/pdfs/SM14051_Mar2014.pdf

Comments