First Contract

I am so excited. I just posted back to DRG my very first contract for a pattern. It is scheduled to be in the September CROCHET! Magazine. It is for a neclace and earring set done in nylon. It was a lot of fun to make. I have a couple more out there in editor land being evaluated for publication. I wish I could post a picture of it but can't until after it has been published, then I can send a link to it as it is no longer my baby. That is a concept I did not realize I would have to face. That once it is accepted for publication and I sign that contract it never again will belong to me. Just 'Designed By'. Kind of makes me want to investigate self publishing more.

Well did you all make it through SUPERBOWL SUNDAY? I went with Rick over to my sisters house. We drove separately because I knew I was not going to stay. It was a packed house. I had some of the 'not for dieters type of muchies', and stayed for the National Anthem. Wasn't Jennifer Hudson just wonderful? Then I got myself back home and had some 'pamper me' time.
I trimmed my hair. Had a long soak and read a few chapters in my current novel, did my nails, and not so much fun- balanced my check book. Then I sat with hook and thread doing a few rows of a CAL that I am following online. A wonderful evening all together. Even better once Rick go home and his team had won. YEAH! GO TEAM!

Comments